aBlessedWoman-THE BLOG

Relying on the Holy Spirit, I hope to post timely messages for the benefit of those who are in need of comfort, encouragement, help, inspiration, and so much more...; even those who hunger for the True & Pure Love of God, but don't quite know or realize this fact as yet...

May 16, 2006

Can You Lose “The Free Gift of Salvation”?



I recently discussed captioned subject on 2 separate occasions with 2 different people. Both are fellow Blessed Women in Christ, and we happen to share the opinion that it IS possible to lose God’s Free Gift of Salvation. Naturally, you can’t lose what you didn’t receive. Hence, this article serves as “food for thought” for my Precious Brethren in Christ.

Do you recall that awful gift you got on your birthday? Didn’t you wonder if they actually expected you to use it? What did you do with it? Did you give it away, throw it away or stuff it away? How about the best gift you ever received? Didn’t you cherish it? Weren’t you careful not to damage it?

My first automobile was a brand new Nissan sports car. My Dad bought it for me, and I was ecstatic when I got it. I obviously took all my closest friends for a ride, and was extremely careful to park it in areas non-conducive to damage or vandalism. I washed it almost everyday…until the “excitement” wore off. I was still careful where I parked it, but the washing frequency diminished to once-a-week, and sometimes even twice-a-month. Thank God I didn’t “desensitize” to the extent of not arranging engine services in a timely fashion (or not at all). Not doing so would have eventually cause the engine to seize…the once brand new Nissan sports car would have ended up in a “junk yard”…of no use to me (nor anyone else).

How about a costly piece of home décor made out of a delicate material. It’s the owner’s choice as to “where” to display it. Imagine if it’s placed in an area easily reachable by a toddler, and one happens to knock it off the display. Such items usually can’t be fixed, and are often irreplaceable.

Did you ever stop to consider “how” you’re treating the Gift of Salvation that God freely gave you? Since you received it you now “own” it. How are you exercising your “ownership” of Salvation thru Christ Jesus. Are you a “good steward” of this “ownership”? Are you really treating it as a “costly, delicate, irreplaceable, and precious” Gift of God that you received “effortlessly“? So, what do you think: can you lose your Free Gift of Salvation?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home