aBlessedWoman-THE BLOG

Relying on the Holy Spirit, I hope to post timely messages for the benefit of those who are in need of comfort, encouragement, help, inspiration, and so much more...; even those who hunger for the True & Pure Love of God, but don't quite know or realize this fact as yet...

April 18, 2006

Seeds of Kindness

What a joy it is to sow seeds of kindness! All it takes is to be thoughtful in every possible way throughout your day. Did you know that simple gestures of kindness have the potential to brighten someone’s day in a great way? I honestly think that kindness even has the potential to change the course of someone’s life…

One can even become creative when sowing seeds of kindness. I’ve been thinking about creative & unusual ways I’d like to sow kindness and thought it would be nice to share some of those ideas/themes with you:

  • “Appreciation Day”: my circle of friends and relatives is large and many live abroad. Sometimes I’m unable to keep in touch with every single one of them on a regular basis, but I’d still like them to know that I cherish them. Thus, I’ve decided to e-mail them a beautiful card once each month.
  • "The Forgotten”: many are the residents at our elderly home that feel “forgotten”. I’ve decided to do something nice for them every once in a while, and I’m considering to round-up a group of friends and relatives to achieve this goal. My first group gesture of kindness will be to send them beautiful bouquets of flowers with notes that read “we love you!”.
  • “The Criticized”: we’re often (too) critical of the actions of government officials. I think it’s rather easy to criticize when you’re on the “outside”. Only God knows how difficult their task really is whilst in office. I’ve done my share of criticizing…I think it’s about time I express words of encouragement -- I’m going to mail an encouragement card to our Lt. Governor and our Commissioners.

In closing, I’d like to invite you to share some creative & unusual gestures of kindness with me. I’m afraid I may run out of ideas, and would definitely appreciate your help. So, feel free to post your suggestions to me.

What you sow is what you reap: be encouraged to sow an abundance of kindness!

2 Comments:

At April 18, 2006, Blogger Thomases said...

What a lovely idea Sophia and certainly one that is sure to catch on with many people!

I agree that not enough appreciation is shown everywhere - we're so caught up in the busy-ness of life, that although it might fleetingly pass our minds that we should do or say something, it is rarely followed through with an action, a word, or smile or anything else. I'll put my thinking cap on and send you some ideas as they come along!

Bless you.

 
At April 18, 2006, Blogger SvD administrator said...

Thanks Kathie -- I really appreciate your comment! I will be looking forward to your ideas.

Meanwhile, I've been thinking about requesting the input of more people with the hope to compile some great ideas. Who knows? This might be the beginning of a co-authored book entitled "365 great ways to sew seeds of kidness". Wouldn't that be great?!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home