aBlessedWoman-THE BLOG

Relying on the Holy Spirit, I hope to post timely messages for the benefit of those who are in need of comfort, encouragement, help, inspiration, and so much more...; even those who hunger for the True & Pure Love of God, but don't quite know or realize this fact as yet...

April 09, 2006

Sermon by a blind lady

On my way to the office, a few days ago, I had to stop for a while at a bridge. Said bridge opens at scheduled times to allow sailboats and yachts to access and exit the Simpson bay here in St. Maarten. While I waited for the bridge to close, I suddenly noticed a blind lady walking on the roadside. At first I didn't realize she was blind, but when I did I couldn't help but observe her.

She was walking alone, and didn't have anything except her stick and her senses to guide her. As I observed her I got to thinking about my faithwalk, and realized that she was a powerful sermon about every believer's faithwalk. I was amazed by the fearless, firm and confident way the lady was walking despite her lack of sight, and thought about the fearless firm confidence every believer has to develop as they walk with Christ. I thank God for that sermon for it was truly inspiring to me.

We walk by faith and not by sight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home